Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Book Review: The Book of Beads


The Book of Beads: A Practical and Inspirational Guide to Beads and Jewellery Making
by Janet Coles and Robert Budwig

This week I wanted to share with you a book I've had in my library for many years. It was published in 1990 and has a wealth of information about beads and some basic jewellery making techniques. When I first started designing jewellery, I found this book extremely helpful. It is a great beginner's guide, as well as a great bead reference book.

Years later I still refer to this book on occasion. I love the way that it is organized and how the information is presented. You can learn about the origin of beads and how some beads are made. There is also great pictures showing different types of beads. If you are new to jewellery making it also shows you a handful of basic techniques for making jewellery. Also helpful is a small section on findings.

Stop by your library or local book store and tell me what you think. I also look forward to hearing about your favourite bead or jewellery making book. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...