Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Crafty Idea: Bottle Cap Magnet



Turning bottle caps into crafty magnets, is fun and easy to do. Using Mod Podge Glue and Mod Podge Dimensional Magic, I created these fun magnets using bottle caps from one of my favourite pops.




My favourite source for bottle caps.

Using my 1" circle punch, I punched out the images I wanted from some gift-wrapping my son received.  I glued the circle to the inside of the caps using a paintbrush. When dry, I placed several drops of the dimensional magic and waited overnight for it to dry. With a small bead of hot glue to the flat part of the cap, I glued a magnet and pressed the pieces together with my fingers.




When dry, the dimensional magic has a smooth, shiny surface. It dried clear, therefore allowing you to see the image that was glued in place.




If you are thinking of making a bunch of these and would rather not drink a lot of pop, may I suggest that you check out your local craft store or check online. There are lots of places where you can purchase plain bottle caps as a craft item. A great place to start your search is on Etsy.

As an added tip, because I used quite a bit of the dimensional magic, I found that it worked best if I left it overnight to dry. I also covered it with a glass to protect the finish while drying. You will also want to remove any air bubbles with the tip of a pin or needle, prior to drying. This was my first time using the dimensional magic, so I was not sure what to expect. I like the effect, and will like to try some other projects.

Can you guess which one my little one likes?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...