Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crocodile Crochet Stitch



In my continued effort to develop my knitting and crochet skills, I have been exploring new stitches. One of my recent projects include the very beautiful "crocodile" or "mermaid" crochet stitch. After knitting the initial piece to about 8"x 24", I added three rows of this stitch to finish it off.  I also added a velvet ribbon to bring things together.

I love combining knitting with crochet, and seeing the wonderful results you can get. I am looking forward to wearing my new cowl this winter and trying more projects with this stitch. I also think that the colour is amazing and looks stunning with my cream wool jacket.



For this project I used a size J/10 (6.00mm) crochet hook and size US 10.5 (6.5mm) knitting needles. I was able to complete the project with one ball of Lion Brand "Homespun" yarn in "Tulips" colour.


A great video tutorial on how to do the crocodile crochet stitch can be found here!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...