Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Projects In The Works



This morning when I awoke, I just felt like going into hibernation when my husband announced that it was -27 degrees with the wind chill. I took the picture above yesterday afternoon, and as you can see we have had a lot of snowfall and this morning there was even more snow on the ground. With days like these I try to think of it as a rain day, like the ones I had as a child growing up in Trinidad and Tobago. I would use such a day to explore and create all the crafty things that came to mind, it was a perfect day to spend creating when going outside simply was not an option.

Today I decided to have my own snow day and I have been working on several projects. I wanted to share a few of my projects with you.


Chunky Crochet Cowl


This is a follow-up piece to the post Crochet In The Round. I lost the original cowl on a trip (I really loved it) and I did not make note of the pattern I created. I have been working at making another cowl and writing the pattern. I am working off of the pictures I originally took, and luckily for me I took tons of pictures and I have a complete file of the original project. I love the colour combination of the original, but I decided to try something new.


Pillow



I found the tutorial for this pillow some time ago, and I posted it on my Pinterest Sewing Board. However, when one of my young sewing students brought it to the studio and wanted to make it as one of her projects, I decided to try it as well. I started working on it over the holidays, but have been so busy that I have not finished. I am adding embroidery details and I am creating somewhat of an embroidery sampler. I really love the little French knots shown in the picture above, and I will be sure to post the details when I am finished.


Embroidery Patterns


I have a few new embroidery patterns that I am creating. I recently got some new embroidery hoops and I am awaiting an order of Sulky iron-on transfer pens for the studio. I am hoping to have my new embroidery patterns available on the online shop when they are ready. I am also introducing an Embroidery Workshop this spring, which I am very excited about. If you will like a fun embroidery project, check out the "Create" embroidery pattern.


First Sewing Project


Do you have your first sewing project? Well, I wanted to share one of my first machine sewing projects with you. I was about eleven years old when I made this pillowcase and I fell in-love with sewing and embroidery work. I also remember making a potholder that looked like a watermelon slice. I will be doing a new version of this project some time soon.

Thanks for joining me today!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your first sewing project the first time you brought it home from school. You were so happy with the outcome. You sewed it and worked the embroidered stiches to create a beautiful pattern. Seeing how proud you were of your accomplishment, i vowed to always keep it as a keepsake for you. Regardless of where we went in the world,I kept it. I am glad that I did, Yvette-Michelle. I am happy that you can share it today. It truly reflect your life as a "maker". And without doubt, it is a testimony that you have been one for many years, as a matter of fact, since you were about 5 years old. I hope that your passion as a "maker", and a maker of all things creative will continue to light within you like a lamp on a lampstand. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...