Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Book Review: A is For Apron



A is For Apron: 25 Fresh and Flirty Designs by Nathalie Mornu

If you are looking for a book on how to make aprons, then "A is For Apron" is a fun book with lots of ideas for making aprons. The projects range from classic to playful. There are full colour photos of the finished aprons and coloured illustrations aid in teaching you how to make each project. There are step-by-step instructions, and patterns for you to enlarge. There are also instructions on how to make bias tape and how to miter corners. There is even a quick little tutorial on some basic embroidery stitches that you can use to embellish your projects. The author even provides a mini gallery of vintage aprons for inspiration along with a brief history of aprons.

I originally got this book for the library because I felt it would make a great reference for the students of my Aprons 101 workshop; however, I have found that I really love the projects myself. I am looking forward to doing several of these projects, including the "Dig It" on page 37 and the "Twirl, Girl!" on page 101. Another fun apron that looks like a great way to use up ends of ribbon and other trim is the "Carnival" apron on page 117 (also featured on the cover).

ISBN 978-1-60059-201-0

Enjoy!

*As with all of our book reviews, this review was not solicited or endorsed in any way. The opinions expressed are my own and is presented in the spirit of sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...